Transverze - Euphoric Transverze - Euphoric

Nice attempt but work on your mastering yo.

Transverze responds:

Thanks! I'll work on it. :)

Transverze - How To Hardstyle Transverze - How To Hardstyle

I can make Hardstyle now thanks

Transverze - Find Ourselves Transverze - Find Ourselves

Nice track ya got here. I really like the kick and bass in the intro!

Transverze responds:

Thanks!

Chromatic Canopies Chromatic Canopies

I feel the rhythm of the melodies don't really flow very nicely but that's subjective. Some of the notes also feel off, especially with the square lead in the last section but that could just be a stylistic choice to go chromatic.

The synths were fine, no problems there. The drums were a bit quiet to me, especially the kick drum. Keep at it, this is a great attempt!

Aesaire responds:

Chromatic square notes at the end were intentional, it's not to everyone's liking I guess. Kick was a C64 sample, so it's more downsampled than the other instruments in the track, was experimenting with combining old and modern elements. Might seem soft because it's pretty atonal and doesn't have the heavier bass / sub bass of other kicks.

Thanks for the review anyway, I appreciate it.

Yes Sir! Yes Sir!

We definitely need more of this on Newgrounds!

DeadlyLoki responds:

THanks man, we really appreciate your feedback, this means a lot to us!

Far Away (Never Enough) Far Away (Never Enough)

Shoutouts to that mixdown. Damn, it's spotless!

Glacial Sprites Glacial Sprites

I hope I never lose this track.
It's just unbelievable how beautiful this piece is. Really well done on it.

Song Challenge: Dubstep vs Trance Song Challenge: Dubstep vs Trance

Way too compressed. I get you're going for loud but you really went overboard. Even the quiet sections are really loud, there's no contrast between the breakdowns and the drops.

0:14 you're missing a snare. Only using a clap won't do. The bell is panned a bit too much I think as well.

0:55 you could make a high pass automation on the kick as it's the build up (and currently has the same amount of bass as the drop)

Drop at 1:09 needs a sub bass.

Turn down the volume of the white noise you layered over the drop too.
The riser effects are too loud as well.

3.5 stars as it's a good start, but currently has too many issues with the mix.

DJ-CJ-Doty responds:

Thank you very much for the good review! Glad to see you pointed out where I can improve! Will take to heart. :)

Hard with Style Hard with Style

Great first attempt. Your mixing is really off. First off the kick is way too quiet, the clap is way too loud.

The release on the synths are turned way too up, try using reverb + compression instead. (Make them quieter too)

The whole kick is pitched instead of just the tail which makes the attack feel inconsistent and weird. Try separating the first hit of the kick and the tail. The tail can be pitched with timestretching so as you pitch it up, it doesn't get shorter.

Memetics Memetics

Extremely good!
I'm aware it's a thing to scoop the mids in this style but you went a bit overboard with it.

I found this track sounds a lot better when you boost around 900hz by about 5dB.

hoorayjay responds:

Then please check out a more recent track and see if I have learned! Thinking about it this song is 6 months old or so, just hanging about on my computer.