Far Away (Never Enough) Far Away (Never Enough)

Shoutouts to that mixdown. Damn, it's spotless!

Glacial Sprites Glacial Sprites

I hope I never lose this track.
It's just unbelievable how beautiful this piece is. Really well done on it.

Song Challenge: Dubstep vs Trance Song Challenge: Dubstep vs Trance

Way too compressed. I get you're going for loud but you really went overboard. Even the quiet sections are really loud, there's no contrast between the breakdowns and the drops.

0:14 you're missing a snare. Only using a clap won't do. The bell is panned a bit too much I think as well.

0:55 you could make a high pass automation on the kick as it's the build up (and currently has the same amount of bass as the drop)

Drop at 1:09 needs a sub bass.

Turn down the volume of the white noise you layered over the drop too.
The riser effects are too loud as well.

3.5 stars as it's a good start, but currently has too many issues with the mix.

DJ-CJ-Doty responds:

Thank you very much for the good review! Glad to see you pointed out where I can improve! Will take to heart. :)

Hard with Style Hard with Style

Great first attempt. Your mixing is really off. First off the kick is way too quiet, the clap is way too loud.

The release on the synths are turned way too up, try using reverb + compression instead. (Make them quieter too)

The whole kick is pitched instead of just the tail which makes the attack feel inconsistent and weird. Try separating the first hit of the kick and the tail. The tail can be pitched with timestretching so as you pitch it up, it doesn't get shorter.

Memetics Memetics

Extremely good!
I'm aware it's a thing to scoop the mids in this style but you went a bit overboard with it.

I found this track sounds a lot better when you boost around 900hz by about 5dB.

hoorayjay responds:

Then please check out a more recent track and see if I have learned! Thinking about it this song is 6 months old or so, just hanging about on my computer.

-Hardcore- TBH -Hardcore- TBH

Do you even try?

MaiGeims responds:

....

Varietist (NGAUC16 Knockout Round) Varietist (NGAUC16 Knockout Round)

Just slap me silly!
Pretty creative track, I like it, gj!

Not a fan of the electric guitar that appears in the build ups, I think it would sound better without it.

Sometimes the offbeat highhat gets eaten by the mix, I think making it louder and give it some attack could help give it some more presence.

MrSmash64 responds:

I might change the guitar, but not completely get rid of it, and attack the hats in the next update

Can You See the Clouds Divide Can You See the Clouds Divide

NEEDS MORE GUNG!!

Troisnyx responds:

I thought you already gave it quite a good dose of gung, my good sir. <3

FL STUDIO TECHNO FL STUDIO TECHNO

It's been a while since I've heard some proper banging techno tunes on Newgrounds, good job!

Revenge Revenge

01:27. I think the lead that comes in is too quiet.
The breakdown at 01:54 could have introduced a new chord progression, the main one gets stale from here on.
02:21 loops the same stuff from earlier rather than something new.

Your sounds are all fine and well mixed for the most part but this piece gets boring to listen to from the lack of variety.

wladodragovic responds:

I see your point. Thanks for your honest criticism, I appreciate it!
Also, this wasn't mixed, most of my work uploaded here are pretty much demos. :)